Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote doesn’t work with Youtube

I’ve seen this post before, but it seems that no one has fixed it yet. You have to restart the Apple TV to get the remote to work again. Using the remote app on our phones seems to work fine, though.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 10:51 AM

Thank you for posting that article. Some might find it helpful if they don’t already know a workaround. However, it is still an ongoing issue. I’m tired of rebooting my Apple TV every other time I use YouTube. Someone just needs to fix it.

4 replies

Apr 2, 2020 11:05 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Yes, as stated in my response, my original post, and the article you referenced, the only way to “fix” it is to reboot the Apple TV. It’s not really helpful to keep repeating the same thing.

From browsing YouTube’s support pages, and since it is only the YouTube app, it does appear that it may be an issue with their app, and not AppleTV. However, Apple does review and approve all apps, so they likely would want to be aware of this functionality issue.

On YouTube’s support pages. All of the similar comments, no matter how recent, are locked for reply or comment.

Apple Remote doesn’t work with Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.