Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do we locate an AppleID that our daughter linked to our iPad and has now wiped but didn’t unlink from her broken phone?

Our daughter has wiped our iPad Air to give back to us without realising she had to switch off the link to her broken phone. She’s now trying to input her AppleID and password but it says incorrect! She used this for a year after breaking her iPhone and assures me she hasn’t changed her AppleID but she must have as it won’t accept it? We now have an iPad that apparently we can’t unlock as we have no proof of purchase (it’s about 6 years old) and was part of a phone install deal for a company that my husband works for but he feels they won’t have records for!

The message asks for AppleID linked when set up, that was mine years ago but is showing initial letter as my daughter’s so I’m sure she’s changed it.

mid there anything we can do or is it really unusable now?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 1:30 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 2, 2020 3:52 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you. I’ve tried it but it’s bringing up her AppleID that she says is her only one but the iPad says incorrect AppleID or password still so to me, she’s somehow linked it to another one.

I think I have to accept she’s completely messed it up. Such a shame as it had nothing wrong with it and had been well looked after. We’re going to try to see if my husband’s firm kept any guarantee/receipt of phone installation to prove to Apple it’s ours, think that’s our last shot at recovery.

Apr 2, 2020 4:01 PM in response to LotusPilot

Oh okay thank you, I didn’t know this. I have a feeling she’s linked it to an old iPhone5c phone that became unusable due to screen being cracked (by her!) but this was about 2 years ago. She has a new phone and she’s adamant that she only ever had one AppleID but it just doesn’t make sense for the iPad to not recognise it. Unfortunately she’s much more clued up with Apple products than me! I will try this in the morning, thank you.

How do we locate an AppleID that our daughter linked to our iPad and has now wiped but didn’t unlink from her broken phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.