Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina disabled CAC reader capabilities

Hello,

I updated to 10.15.14 last weekend and now cannot access sites requiring military CAC credentials. The smart card reader is working since the green light turns on when I plug in my CAC but I get "No DoD certificate was presented" when accessing a military site.

Any troubleshooting steps?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 3:46 PM

I did see that post by militarycac.com but I never installed any CAC software before the update so I skipped to this command:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens -array && sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard EnabledTokens -array com.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken

Thank you!!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Barney-15E

I did see that post by militarycac.com but I never installed any CAC software before the update so I skipped to this command:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens -array && sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard EnabledTokens -array com.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken

Thank you!!

Apr 10, 2020 9:48 AM in response to jasminefromorange

Hmm, I have this problem and the militarycac.com page is not helping; nothing previously installed, worked fine with 10.3, unpaired the card multiple times. After the update to Catalina, I'm not promoted to choose the email certificate like I was before when trying to access OWA. Now i'm just in an endless loop of entering my pin but nothing happens. Using Safari fwiw (chrome and firefox would not work at all...) Please help Apple - it worked fine before the update!

macOS Catalina disabled CAC reader capabilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.