Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone - Messaging App - How to go back to messages list next time you open the app?

On iPhone, the last message you read is always the message that will be opened the next time you open the messaging app. For me it is a big big big issue.

Is there a way that every time you close the messaging app that the next time you open it, that it would be back to the message list?

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 7:09 PM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2020 10:51 PM in response to ckuan

Thank ckuan, I don't know if it's worth it, but let me explain what happens every time, maybe someone somewhere at Apple will see how it is not user friendly design.

I have my twins toddler screaming at me at the grocery store while i'm pushing the cart, my wife sends a group txt about something trivial, I read it, forget about it, swipe up to close the message app and continue to try to calm my little monsters down while trying to not forget anything. Then, one of my "in-training" child poops in his pants, I click on the message app, write a message about it to my wife and oups, it was the #@#$@#$ group txt.

I honestly hate it.

Apr 2, 2020 11:28 PM in response to Vincdev

Here's why it's more useful.

You're writing an important descriptions about an useful invention, you are 2 pages away then

your wife calls about an incident which you have to stop and to make a few calls and search the web.

After all the deeds are done, you can return to where you left off without searching for it, I love it.

IPhone - Messaging App - How to go back to messages list next time you open the app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.