Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built-in Camera does not work

Hello,

I've had this MacBook Pro since the beginning of 2019 and it worked perfectly, but after about 3 or 4 months, the built in camera stopped working. The FaceTime app says "No camera available. To use FaceTime, connect a camera." With no drops or cracks (I've taken very good care of this Mac and don't understand how it could be a hardware issue) I'm baffled at what the problem could be. Everywhere I go, from Photo Booth to system preferences says that there is no camera available, especially considering that the built in camera was woking and one day stopped without warning. If anyone knows what this issue could be, please let me know how I can fix it.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 6, 2020 11:39 AM in response to HunterIsaac

Hi HunterIsaac,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities! I understand wanting to be able to use the camera on your Mac, and it sounds like yours is not currently working. I'll be glad to see how I can assist.

I recommend testing this to see if you can replicate the behavior in a newly-created administrator account. Here's how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. Once you create the temporary user account, see if the same behavior occurs.

If it does, it may be worth trying a reset of your System Management Controller: How to reset the SMC of your Mac. Hopefully that will help!

Kind regards.

Built-in Camera does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.