You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imyfone d-back

Hi, I have an iPhone 11 with 13.3.1 software version. I’m trying to recover my safari history from my iPhone using imyfone, but when it starts scanning the data no history comes up. Even though I was just browsing on my iPhone. So surely there is safari history on my phone but it’s getting nothing. It does not do this with my SE. What do you guys think is the problem.??

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:08 PM

6 replies

Apr 4, 2020 7:06 AM in response to JACKSONVILLE1

Hmmm Try this way > check for Content and Privacy Restrictions that may be enabled on your iPhone which would cause the option to "Clear History and Website Data" unavailable, you can choose to disable or modify the settings.

Set Content & Privacy Restrictions

Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.

Tap Continue, then choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."

If you're the parent or guardian of your device and want to prevent another family member from changing your settings, tap Use Screen Time Passcode to create a passcode. Then re-enter the passcode to confirm.

If you're setting up Screen Time on your child's device, follow the prompts until you get to Parent Passcode and enter a passcode. Re-enter the passcode to confirm.

Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy.

Prevent web content

iOS can automatically filter website content to limit access to adult content in Safari and apps on your device. You can also add specific websites to an approved or blocked list, or you can limit access to only approved websites. Follow these steps:

Go to Settings > Screen Time.

Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode.

Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content.

Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.

Depending on the access you allow, you might need to add information, like the website that you want to restrict.

Let me know...

Apr 3, 2020 11:49 PM in response to JACKSONVILLE1

Doesn't matter now. What's happen to your SQlite - iPhone saves data in a database known as SQLite. When you delete data on your device, the iPhone switches the data from "Allocated" to the "Unallocated" category but leaves it there. As soon as you add new data to the device, it is added to a space in the "Unallocated" category, overwriting data in that category. If the data is not overwritten (if you don't add new data on to your iPhone), a third-party iPhone data recovery like iMYphone tool can access the "Unallocated" category of the SQLite database and retrieve the deleted data.

Important thing - that you must refrain from using your iPhone once you discover that you've lost some data. Any new data generated on the device may overwrite the missing data, making it unrecoverable unfortunately.

Try other steps like

Preview and Recover Deleted History on Safari from iTunes Backup

Preview and Retrieve Safari History from iCloud Backup

Restore from iTunes/iCloud Backup

Also one trick - Find Some Deleted Safari History Under Settings.

1. Go to Settings on your device. Scroll down, find and click on Safari.

2. Scroll to the bottom, find and click on Advanced.

3. Click on Website Data option and you can find some of your deleted safari histories there.

Apr 4, 2020 6:49 AM in response to Martbenky77

Yes but when I use imyfone to recover Safari history for my SE it recovers it. The problem is with the iPhone 11.. it is just showing the safari history as greyed out and 0 in brackets. It’s odd as I have history on the phone right now since the 24th of March. This is what I don’t get why it’s no finding any history on my iPhone 11 when there is history there?? I never bookmarked this history it’s why I want to extract it.. before it all goes.

imyfone d-back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.