Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless charging problems, iPhone XS max

iPhone XS max not charging beyond 81-87% even after 7-8 hours during wireless charging. Wired charging is absolutely fine without any issues.

I know it has optimised charging set, where the phone should cool down and continue charging, but it never does the same. The charging just stops.

And yes, the charger, cable and brick all checked with a couple of other iPhones and they are all charging fine(with optimised charging turned on). Checked my iPhone with another wireless charger and the same issue occurred.

The wireless charger, cable and brick are either apple original or apple authorised, purchased from the apple store directly.

Battery health shows 100% and apple diagnostic result is fine according to the apple care agent.

Anyone face this issue or have a solution to this exact problem?

iPhone XS Max, 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 7:19 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 6, 2020 6:08 PM in response to Chinera86o

Good afternoon Chinera86o,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you want your iPhone XS to charge to 100% using a wireless charger. Which wireless charger are you using? Try turning the Optimized Battery Charging feature off and test.

Charge and monitor the iPhone battery - iPhone User Guide

"iPhone has a setting that helps slow the rate of your battery’s aging by reducing the time it spends fully charged. This setting uses machine learning to understand your daily charging routine, then waits to finish charging past 80% until you need it.

1. Go to Settings  > Battery, then tap Battery Health.
  2. Turn on Optimized Battery Charging."

Take care.

Wireless charging problems, iPhone XS max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.