Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless/Corded Charging Issue- iPhone gets "stuck" at a certain battery percentage

Hello,

I have an iPhone XS which I got about a year ago. I haven't ever had issues with it charging, and even now the issue that I am having isn't consistent or regular-- its only happened maybe 3 times. I can't tell if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.

As the title says, the iPhone will occasionally get "stuck" at a battery percentage while it's charging. I have noticed it specifically when it's been charging overnight. The battery percentage it gets stuck at is not consistent either. This morning I woke up to the phone hot to the touch and stuck at 50% charge, the time before that it was at 80%., and also hot to the touch. I know that Apple introduced the software where it pauses charging your phone at 80% and then finishes before you wake up, to help preserve battery life. Which is why I am not sure if this is a hardware issue with the iPhone, or a software issue. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if I need to have the phone replaced or if it's a simple glitch with the software.

Thanks!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 1:28 PM

It is not "stuck".

It is by design.

Read this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210512

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 19, 2020 1:35 PM in response to KiltedTim

I realize this, but it shouldn't be stopping at 50% (I would assume), I know that it was designed to stop at 80% and then finish by a specific time. And I haven't had the phone feel hot when this I know it's doing this delayed charging. Whenever the issue I described happens it doesn't show a notification stating it's delaying charging until a specific time.

Wireless/Corded Charging Issue- iPhone gets "stuck" at a certain battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.