Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented movie won’t play

Rented it tonight, downloaded it to my phone and when I hit play it says the movie is no longer available. How can I watch the movie I paid for?

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 7:33 PM

Did you rent from the iTunes Store or from some other content provider?

Did you download directly on the device, from the Apple TV app? (Syncing rented files to other devices is not supported.)

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“When you rent a movie, you have 30 days to start watching it. As soon as you play your rental, your rental is available for 48 hours. Your rental automatically deletes from your library 30 days after you rent it or 48 hours after you start watching it, whichever is sooner.”

Get help

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 7:33 PM in response to christa278

Did you rent from the iTunes Store or from some other content provider?

Did you download directly on the device, from the Apple TV app? (Syncing rented files to other devices is not supported.)

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“When you rent a movie, you have 30 days to start watching it. As soon as you play your rental, your rental is available for 48 hours. Your rental automatically deletes from your library 30 days after you rent it or 48 hours after you start watching it, whichever is sooner.”

Get help

Rented movie won’t play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.