Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 pro Front facing camera not working

I just got the iPhone 11 pro today and the front facing camera is not working. When I open camera, I get a black screen and the app crashes if I try to take a photo. I also get a black screen on third party applications which use the camera. I tried resetting and hard resetting my phone, and am currently on iOS 13.4.

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:12 PM

6 replies

Apr 6, 2020 8:17 PM in response to ZakAttack887

Hello ZakAttack887,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with the camera on your iPhone. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the steps under the "If the camera isn't working" section of this article, and give those a try: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working.

Take care.

Apr 6, 2020 8:28 PM in response to ZakAttack887

If it is just a software problem, PsyDye's solution is very suitable for this situation. But if it's a hardware problem (or if after many tries to fix the software, it still doesn't work), you will have to find Apple to repair it. Your 11 Pro should be covered under warranty, so fixing it should be free, if you did not intentionally cause this problem. (A hardware problem is physical damage inside your phone, such as if the lens are cracked, the CMOS chip is damaged, or the connector cables are broken, or the logic board's contacts are not stable etc.)

Hope this helps!

Apr 6, 2020 8:33 PM in response to ZakAttack887

Or if you are a very skilled person, you can find online repair manuals and fix this problem on your own with the correct parts and tools. I would recommend iFixit, because they are recognized worldwide, and I've used their manuals to repair lots of my devices, they can all work even after being self-repaired. Here's the repair manual link to your problem: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+11+Pro+Front-Facing+Cameras+Replacement/129684

Hope this can also help!

Apr 7, 2020 5:16 PM in response to Ertskinner

According to your description, this is a hardware problem, which will require the camera to be physically switched out. If you prefer to go to the Apple Store to get it fixed, tell them your entire story that you have already re-downloaded iOS but it still doesn’t work, they’ll probably fix the camera for free (as all iPhone 11 series are currently under warranty)(as long as you did not intentionally break your phone, they will fix it for you free of charge)

iPhone 11 pro Front facing camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.