Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello

Siri responded to my son and my husband too how can i make it responds only to my voice

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:25 PM

Siri does not recognise voices. Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri on an iPhone was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 11:25 PM in response to doha272

Siri does not recognise voices. Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri on an iPhone was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition

Hello

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.