Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV repeatedly crashes when playing music via homesharing

Hello. Recently got a new 4K Apple TV. In the last couple of days, when I try to use the Computers app to play music from my iMac via Homesharing, it plays for only a few seconds before it stops and resets to the home screen. All software is up to date. I've tried restarting, restoring, nothing works. Worked fine for a couple weeks; this crashing problem started just a couple of days ago. Has anyone else experienced this?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:02 AM

DanielMac77 Said:

"Apple TV repeatedly crashes when playing music via homesharing: Hello. Recently got a new 4K Apple TV. In the last couple of days, when I try to use the Computers app to play music from my iMac via Homesharing, it plays for only a few seconds before it stops and resets to the home screen. All software is up to date. I've tried restarting, restoring, nothing works. Worked fine for a couple weeks; this crashing problem started just a couple of days ago. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Restart the Router:

This often happens to me when streaming content. Far too much network traffic is going through, not necessarily from your side.

So, as I do,...

I. Restart the router:

1. Unplug: your Router
  2. Wait: 30 Seconds
  3. Power Up: your Router

Then...

II. Restart the Apple TV:

1. Unplug: your Apple TV
  3. Power Up: your Apple TV

Then...

III. Try this All Once More:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 10:02 AM in response to DanielMac77

DanielMac77 Said:

"Apple TV repeatedly crashes when playing music via homesharing: Hello. Recently got a new 4K Apple TV. In the last couple of days, when I try to use the Computers app to play music from my iMac via Homesharing, it plays for only a few seconds before it stops and resets to the home screen. All software is up to date. I've tried restarting, restoring, nothing works. Worked fine for a couple weeks; this crashing problem started just a couple of days ago. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Restart the Router:

This often happens to me when streaming content. Far too much network traffic is going through, not necessarily from your side.

So, as I do,...

I. Restart the router:

1. Unplug: your Router
  3. Power Up: your Router

Then...

II. Restart the Apple TV:

1. Unplug: your Apple TV
  3. Power Up: your Apple TV

Then...

III. Try this All Once More:

Apple TV repeatedly crashes when playing music via homesharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.