Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Home Share Crashing

Hello. I have a 4K Apple TV. When I try to use the Computers app to play music from my iMac via Homesharing, it plays for only a few seconds before it stops and resets to the home screen. All software is up to date. I've tried restarting, unplugging and restarting, nothing works. There is no other network traffic; so the issue is solely with Apple TV. This behavior is relatively new; after working fine two months ago, now Homesharing is not useful for anything. Note: in the hiatus between ‘working’ two months ago and ‘not working’ now, I have updated my iMac to Big Sur. Hmmm.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 7:08 PM

Hello BPBear544,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post it appears that Home Sharing will not stay connected. We'll do what we can to help.

You've done a majority of the steps already. The other option left to try is to turn off Home Sharing from all your devices then turn them back on: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you're still having issues, reach out to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 7:08 PM in response to BPBear544

Hello BPBear544,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post it appears that Home Sharing will not stay connected. We'll do what we can to help.

You've done a majority of the steps already. The other option left to try is to turn off Home Sharing from all your devices then turn them back on: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you're still having issues, reach out to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Take care.

Apple TV Home Share Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.