Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yahoo outgoing setup in Mail

How to set up yahoo outgoing mail server

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 11:14 AM

Yes, I have tried that. It doesn't work. I read in another post that you must buy the pro version of Yahoo email ($20/yr) to be able to send email from other apps like Mail. Not sure if one can send from the yahoo website with a free account. It also said that gmail doesn't limit its free email app to receive only.

But I thank you for taking the time to get the info and reply. I really appreciate it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 11:14 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I have tried that. It doesn't work. I read in another post that you must buy the pro version of Yahoo email ($20/yr) to be able to send email from other apps like Mail. Not sure if one can send from the yahoo website with a free account. It also said that gmail doesn't limit its free email app to receive only.

But I thank you for taking the time to get the info and reply. I really appreciate it.

yahoo outgoing setup in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.