Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Ring tile missing, Siri Watch Face

Good morning,

Since the 6.2 Watch OS update, I have noticed that my Activity Rings tile no longer automatically shows up on my Siri Watch Face. (Apple Watch 2)

To get it to show up, I have to go into my Clock-->Siri Face Data Sources and toggle Activity off and on again. I need to do this every day, as whenever I take my watch off to charge, it "loses" the Activity Rings from my Siri Watch Face.

This is a bug that didn't exist prior to 6.2. Hopefully Apple addresses this in the next OS update

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:41 AM

The good news is that restarting both devices at the same time yesterday did the trick (for now, at least) and this morning my Activity ring tile started showing up again in my Siri Watch Face without having to toggle it on.

Appreciate the advice. Thanks kindly!

Similar questions

15 replies

Apr 7, 2020 10:53 AM in response to Canyda

Hi Canyda,

Thanks for the post! Being able to access complications from your Apple Watch face is always great. I understand your Activity complication doesn't seem to be showing up as expected on your device.

You mentioned you're toggling data sources to bring the Activity complication back. As a different approach, try removing this complication entirely, and then re-add it. Does that help? Customize the watch face

Also, have you tried restarting your paired iPhone and the Apple Watch together?

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reply back with an update. Be sure to include your iPhone model and iOS version.

Take care.

Apr 7, 2020 12:47 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks. I have restarted both devices at the same time. Soonest I will know that worked is tomorrow morning as the Siri watch face "loses" the Activity tile overnight. Will report back.

Given that this only happens on the Siri watch face, there's really no way to remove the complication and bring it back short of toggling it in the Clock/Siri Data Sources ... unless I'm completely misunderstanding here.

Apr 9, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Canyda

OK, and now after a day, the Activity tile is gone again from my Siri Watch Face, so the restarting both devices thing only worked for a day and was the equivalent to toggling the Activity tile off and on in my Watch settings.

I will try to unpair and repair this weekend and see if that is a longer term solution. In the meantime, Apple should fix this bug.

I have an Apple Watch Series 2 and an iPhone 11. Both are fully updated on their OS.

Jun 23, 2020 7:32 AM in response to Canyda

Unfortunately, this is still a problem in WatchOS 6.2.8 betas as well as the new WatchOS 7 beta I installed yesterday. I've reset fitness data and setup watch as new. Overnight Activity tile disappears and you have to manually toggle. I've tried all sorts of settings changes. Very frustrating.

Jul 15, 2020 9:26 AM in response to bz101

Another update on this...

So I decided to forgo switching the Activity tile off and on each day and just see what happens:

Day 1: Activity ring shows up as normal first thing in the morning!

Day 2: Activity ring does not shop up as normal first thing in the morning, and doesn't appear on the Siri Watch Face until almost noon (in fact, just before I was getting ready to go out for a walk)

Day 3 (Today): Activity ring did not show up first thing in the morning, did show up at 7:45 am when I arrived to work

So... it's kinda almost working again?

Activity Ring tile missing, Siri Watch Face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.