Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update of 10.15.4 laptop can't find printer

My printer is a Brother MFC-J995DW.

Only only updated one of my 2 MacBooks, the one that I didn't update to the 10.15.4 prints with wifi just fine. The updated MacBook cannot find the printer. Thanks to anyone that can help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:42 AM

Apple's AirPrint supports the Brother MFC-J995DN and J995DWN models without any Brother software or drivers installed. Visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your J995 device and choose Reset Print System… . This will ask for an admin password, and remove the device from that panel, and pop another panel showing that Apple's Bonjour service has detected the wired/wireless device.

Click on the Bonjour printer entry, and a re-add panel will appear displaying your last used Brother drivers. Ignore that, and on the selection, choose either the visible AirPrint, or auto-select which should also choose Air Print. Re-add the printer and make it your default device. Print something.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 10:42 AM in response to jamesbittel

Apple's AirPrint supports the Brother MFC-J995DN and J995DWN models without any Brother software or drivers installed. Visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your J995 device and choose Reset Print System… . This will ask for an admin password, and remove the device from that panel, and pop another panel showing that Apple's Bonjour service has detected the wired/wireless device.

Click on the Bonjour printer entry, and a re-add panel will appear displaying your last used Brother drivers. Ignore that, and on the selection, choose either the visible AirPrint, or auto-select which should also choose Air Print. Re-add the printer and make it your default device. Print something.

After update of 10.15.4 laptop can't find printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.