Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After recent update on Macbook Air M1, printer is gone

I recently got an update on my Macbook Air M1 and somehow, I no longer have my printer installed. Even worse, I can't seem to install a driver. Adding a printer doesn't display the one I currently have on my network. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 4:55 PM

My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8710. Not sure if they updated from HP. If they did, I went to HP and downloaded another set of drives. They installed just fine. But when I went in to add them by clicking the + button, no printers were there. It's odd. I'm going to try matching my Wi-Fi which is on 5G to match the printer 2G to see if that makes a difference. Really odd though. BRB.

Edit: That did it but let me explain the details. What I mean is, after the update, when my MacBook Air reconnected to Wi-Fi, it grabbed Wi-Fi from my Wi-Fi extender located in the back of my house. Which apparently has one bangin' signal even where it's located. Anyway, then I re-connected to my 5G band, the printers reappeared. Mystery solved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Tesserax

My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8710. Not sure if they updated from HP. If they did, I went to HP and downloaded another set of drives. They installed just fine. But when I went in to add them by clicking the + button, no printers were there. It's odd. I'm going to try matching my Wi-Fi which is on 5G to match the printer 2G to see if that makes a difference. Really odd though. BRB.

Edit: That did it but let me explain the details. What I mean is, after the update, when my MacBook Air reconnected to Wi-Fi, it grabbed Wi-Fi from my Wi-Fi extender located in the back of my house. Which apparently has one bangin' signal even where it's located. Anyway, then I re-connected to my 5G band, the printers reappeared. Mystery solved.

After recent update on Macbook Air M1, printer is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.