Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV Frozen

I've tried everything the internet has suggested for resetting my Apple TV and Remote. The remote is responsive and will adjust volume on the tv, however the Apple TV will not recognize it (even when trying to pair the remote to the system, no matter how close the two objects are together).

The ATV is still stuck on a page that says "Location Accuracy, turn on Wi-Fi to improve settings" with the option to click "ok" or "settings."

I can't get the remote to be recognized, so nothing can be selected and it stays on the same screen.

Is this something I can fix if I pair it to another device? (i.e. my MacBook Air or iPhone X)

Again, I've tried all the reset tricks I could find, and it's still stuck on this page. We just got it not even 6 months ago.

Help!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 11:35 AM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2020 11:40 AM in response to Shannon_Crammer

Telling us "I've tried everything the internet has suggested for resetting my Apple TV and Remote. " tells us absolutely nothing. Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community and then re-write your question, include which Apple TV it is, what Apple TV OS is installed and specifically what you have attempted.

Apr 4, 2020 11:50 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Okay... I believe it's the 4K version. I've tried resetting the box by holding down the menu and tv buttons until the device starts blinking and it does its thing to reset. Still shows the same page I mentioned before when it turns back on and is unresponsive. I tried pairing the black/shiny/siri whatever you guys call it remote by holding down the menu and the volume up button. The tv prompted to move the remote closer to the device (which I did) and it could not pair/would do nothing, just disappeared eventually. Still stuck on the same screen, obviously. I tried resetting my internet modem and router. Still nothing.

I have unplugged every cord I possibly can and reconnected them.

Still stuck on the same page.

Hope that clarifies things for you

ATV Frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.