Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro Sudden Battery Drain

A previous post (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250978971?helpfulId=251873035022) is describing the exact problem I am facing with AirPod Pros that I received from Best Buy last week. The left AirPod turns off while playing music about an hour into being in from a full case charge. When I put it back on the charge to check battery life, it shows 2% but then it jumps back to 40%. I put the airpods back in after being in the case and battery life still shows 40% but then fifteen minutes to half an hour later, it does the same thing. I linked the previous support post from December because it’s the exact problem but no solution that I can see is posted for it, so what gives?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:07 PM

Hello,

Try resetting your AirPods.

Reset your AirPods

2 replies

Apr 8, 2020 1:10 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks for offering this suggestion! I have reset it twice following the instructions you linked, and it seems to help for a little while, say two days, and I use them somewhat sparingly. Since I work on an 27” 2016 iMac (running 10.12, ugh), I’ve paired the AirPods to it, but I also always have my iPhone XR (latest update) nearby and wonder if that’s affecting it. I had a good streak going where it was fine for three half-hour periods, but it just happened again while listening to music on the iPhone. I can confirm it has happened using them on both the iMac and iPhone. Hope this info helps. I like the AirPods, but **** I spent a lot and did not expect to have issues right out of the box like this.

AirPod Pro Sudden Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.