Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second monitor will not start

I have the latest Mac 27’ fully updated. I wasn’t to use a 2nd monitor but despite making all the right connections via HDMI it refuses to start. Apple telephone support have not been able to solve the issue. If anyone has this experience or a suggestion - replies most welcome.

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:57 PM

Are you using the Apple recommended USB-C to HDMI adapter?

the > USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

3 replies

Apr 4, 2020 10:28 PM in response to den.thed

Hi there - thanks for your reply. I am using the Alogic adaptor : https://www.alogic.co/product-solutions/browse-by-category/usb-c-products/usb-c-video-adapter/alogic-ultra-15cm-usb-c-male-to-hdmi-female-adapter-4k-60hz.html

The interesting thing is it is a startup thing - I mean that on the very rare occasion that I DO get the monitor to work it restarts with the Mac even after sleep. But 19 times out of 20 it will not start from being totally shut down.

Second monitor will not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.