Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina update - Mac stick on log in screen

Hi, I just recently updated my MacBook Pro to the mac OS Catalina but after it was installed, whenever I try to log in it gets stuck on the login screen after I type my password and hit enter (just like in the picture). I’ve tried to reinstall Mac OS, repair disk, reset the NVRAM, and to reset the SMC but nothing seems to work. HELP! I don’t want to loose my files:(

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 6:58 PM

Hold on and wait for a moment. It might need to start Setup Assistant for Catalina so it may take some time.

But if it’s still stuck, try safe mode: when starting up press and hold the shift key and release when you see the Apple logo and loading bar.

my friend was stupid enough to test his spam “virus” on his host and not a VM, and got stuck like that too. Safe mode worked for him. Maybe you should try that.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 6:58 PM in response to dams123

Hold on and wait for a moment. It might need to start Setup Assistant for Catalina so it may take some time.

But if it’s still stuck, try safe mode: when starting up press and hold the shift key and release when you see the Apple logo and loading bar.

my friend was stupid enough to test his spam “virus” on his host and not a VM, and got stuck like that too. Safe mode worked for him. Maybe you should try that.

Catalina update - Mac stick on log in screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.