Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro with Catalina doesnt go past user login screen

i had updated to Catalina, and every since OS doesnt go past the login screen, after password , apple logo is displayed along with horz bar and after sometime get a message that "some problem occured "and system restarts again

tried reinstalling OS from drive, internet and external drive, none of them solved the issue. also space on hard drive is very less, may be its an issue.. anyone had similar problem ?

i have personal files so didnt want to erase the disk

MacBook

Posted on May 10, 2020 10:21 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Macbksr

Macbksr wrote:

i had updated to Catalina, and every since OS doesnt go past the login screen, after password , apple logo is displayed along with horz bar and after sometime get a message that "some problem occured "and system restarts again

tried reinstalling OS from drive, internet and external drive, none of them solved the issue. also space on hard drive is very less, may be its an issue.. anyone had similar problem ?

i have personal files so didnt want to erase the disk

Boot into Recovery (Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Then reboot holding the Option Key and select your Macintosh HD to boot.

Macbook Pro with Catalina doesnt go past user login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.