Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina OS is not booting

I upgraded my Macbook Pro OS from High Sierra to Catalina after the Catalina installation ,

I am not able to login to the computer. After entering the password it is prompting me

like "Your computer restarted because of a problem. press a key or wait for a few seconds "

I cant login to my Macbook Pro

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 6:36 PM

Try restarting while holding down the Shift key. Hold the shift key until you see the Apple symbol.

If you have FileVault enabled, Hold down the shift key when you hit enter after typing your password.

Hopefully it will start up in Safe Mode.

If it does, then you have some third-party system modification installed that is causing the kernel panic.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Fayasdeen

Try restarting while holding down the Shift key. Hold the shift key until you see the Apple symbol.

If you have FileVault enabled, Hold down the shift key when you hit enter after typing your password.

Hopefully it will start up in Safe Mode.

If it does, then you have some third-party system modification installed that is causing the kernel panic.

Catalina OS is not booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.