Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login past login screen after trying to update software

When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 11:14 PM

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra [...]the latest software didn't fully update it just kept on loading so I just stopped it and restarted the computer and try to login. Help"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 11:14 PM in response to Akaimr

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra [...]the latest software didn't fully update it just kept on loading so I just stopped it and restarted the computer and try to login. Help"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

Aug 22, 2021 11:30 PM in response to Akaimr

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: Thanks for the message but I already tried many times it come with WiFi to connect but it doesn't connect to wifi ?"

-------

Use Ethernet:

On the computer, you connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Can't login past login screen after trying to update software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.