Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message center number

Hey Apple team,

I have a problem sending an SMS , and after checking i reilize that the message center have to changed on my iphone, i tried to use the code *#5005*7672# to check message center number but i always got this message " Error performing request - Unknown Error".

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 7:09 AM

There is no message centre number on iPhone similar to Android devices. You need to update Carrier Settings.

Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 7:09 AM in response to AmirZahra

There is no message centre number on iPhone similar to Android devices. You need to update Carrier Settings.

Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Message center number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.