Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up message center number in iPhone 12 mini (iOS 15.5)?

I am trying to send sms using my iPhone but it keeps showing message failed. I was trying this number but it is giving an error.

Anyone knows how to check message center number?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 11:10 PM

Did you already check the general troubleshooting tips?

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 5, 2022 1:12 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yes, I tried almost everything.

1. Unregistered and registered iMessage (Several times)
  2. Restarting the phone (Several times)
  3. Resetting the network settings (Several times)
  4. Contacted the (Carrier) customer care (Several times)
  5. Contacted apple support (3 times by now)
  6. Reset the whole iPhone (extreme step)

NOTHING has worked so far. I still see that red exclamation mark and message not delivered error.

Also, I inserted the same SIM to another Android and iPhone through which I was able to send both iMessage and Text message.

If I insert some other SIM to my iPhone I was able to send both iMessage and Text message to another number.

Basically, I am super confused on whom should I contact now? Apple Support or Carrier service...

How to set up message center number in iPhone 12 mini (iOS 15.5)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.