Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to export my video from imovie to any options (youtube, file, media, trailer, facebook etc). Its gives "failed" message

Hey guys,

I was editing my video in imovie. And when I tried to export/share movie to my file or anywhere in the given options, it fails to share. I was returned back this error box.

I thought if the problem was with the size of the media (which it shouldn't be and shouldn't have such thresholds) so i created new movie with less than 100KB size. it was still the same. I tried from KBs to GBs. All failed to export. And I don't know what the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:42 PM

SOLVED. THANK YOU CREATIVE MEDIA TEAM and support unit for addressing my problem asap.

I called support unit and they have me connected to creative media team and they access my laptop screen and checked the problem and figured out the solution.

SOLUTION: I needed the serious system update. I didn't update my system for a long time and my imovie needed an update.

step 1: uninstall your imovie i.e, trash it

step 2: empty your trash

step 3: click on apple icon at the left top of the screen and go to system preference . Go to software update and upgrade your system

step 4: it will restart automatically

step 5: open it and go to apple store and install imovie

step 6: try exporting file of any size, it should work fine.

Mine worked perfectly fine. So satisfied. Thank you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:42 PM in response to innocent288

SOLVED. THANK YOU CREATIVE MEDIA TEAM and support unit for addressing my problem asap.

I called support unit and they have me connected to creative media team and they access my laptop screen and checked the problem and figured out the solution.

SOLUTION: I needed the serious system update. I didn't update my system for a long time and my imovie needed an update.

step 1: uninstall your imovie i.e, trash it

step 2: empty your trash

step 3: click on apple icon at the left top of the screen and go to system preference . Go to software update and upgrade your system

step 4: it will restart automatically

step 5: open it and go to apple store and install imovie

step 6: try exporting file of any size, it should work fine.

Mine worked perfectly fine. So satisfied. Thank you.

Not able to export my video from imovie to any options (youtube, file, media, trailer, facebook etc). Its gives "failed" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.