Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant export my movie as the videos are still on my camera and wont download, what can I do?

I am using imovie 10.1.16 I am trying to export my imovie but the error message reads "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera."

I have deleted the clips and attempted to download them again but this does not seem to work.

The export to theatre option is no longer available. What can I do?

Kind Regards

Jim

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 8:53 AM

Hi, jimmybav,

The "still referencing media on the camera" notification can happen when the import was terminated before it had a chance to complete. Try waiting a bit longer before unplugging the camera or removing the memory card.

If waiting longer for the import to complete doesn't solve it, try using the Image Capture app on your Mac to import the clips directly to your Mac desktop instead of iMovie. You can then drag the clips from your desktop into iMovie. Another way is to import into the Photos app and then accessing the media from media Photos item in the sidebar of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 8:53 AM in response to jimmybav

Hi, jimmybav,

The "still referencing media on the camera" notification can happen when the import was terminated before it had a chance to complete. Try waiting a bit longer before unplugging the camera or removing the memory card.

If waiting longer for the import to complete doesn't solve it, try using the Image Capture app on your Mac to import the clips directly to your Mac desktop instead of iMovie. You can then drag the clips from your desktop into iMovie. Another way is to import into the Photos app and then accessing the media from media Photos item in the sidebar of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

I cant export my movie as the videos are still on my camera and wont download, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.