Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems signing into iphone

I have this old iPhone that my ex fiancée had and I don’t know how to sign in to the phone without knowing the password for the Apple ID. Well I tried to reset the phone in order to make a new account for my husband for the phone and it’s not allowing me it’s still wanting me to sign in to the old account.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:02 PM

Unfortunately, that iPhone is going to continue to ask for the previous owner's Apple ID and password because it has an activation lock on it. There is no way around this except that you contact the previous owner and have that person remove this iPhone from their Apple ID.

Axel F.

3 replies

Apr 5, 2020 9:55 PM in response to b4a1m3

b4a1m3 Said:

Problems signing into iphone: Easier said than done considering I have no way to get ahold of the person

———-

Without getting ahold of the individual...

I Guess Just Handover the Phone:

Maybe handing it over to local law enforcement, reporting it as a lost phone, is the best route.

In Relevance:

Lots of people on these forums ask about returning iPhones that they’ve found. And being responsible individuals, they’ve probably proceeded with the handover, which is commonly recommended by fellow users of these forums.

Problems signing into iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.