Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login iTunes / iCloud fails on Windows 10 with different user accounts. Any ideas, Turingtest2?

Dear community,

I have a new Windows 10 computer with three accounts: my wife, myself (both administrator rights) and my daughter (family member).

I have installed iTunes for all three users, plus iCloud for my daughter.

With my user everything is working perfect.

(also when installing iCloud on my user as a test, logging in with both my credentials or those of my daughter)

When starting iTunes from my wife's or daughter's account it says "Filename already exists", but does eventually start.

When trying to login with the Apple ID of my wife's iTunes respectively my daughter's iTunes or iCloud both applications refuse with the error message "Authorisation failed. Operation could not be completed."

I have tried both the Windows iTunes app and standalone version, de-installed according to the different ways I found on the internet (complete uninstallation of iTunes including Bonjour etc., respectively using get-appxpackage remove), created a new local administrator user with only iCloud installed - always the same behaviour.

Logging into the iCloud web application with the different Apple IDs works fine.

Having spent several days on Google, I could not find any answer that worked for me.

Can anybody from the Community help?

Isn't that a perfect challenge for Turingtest2? ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Hunsitho

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 5:38 AM

SOLVED!!

After many days of research on the internet I stumbled over the following post:

https://support.apple.com/el-gr/HT203160

"Remove the SC Info folder".

I do not know if it was the removal of the folder itself, or the fact that for doing so I had to grant administrator access to that folder

"ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes"

to my wife (despite having an administrator account) and my daughter. In any case, having followed the procedure and having deleted the SC Info folder, autorisation of the computer and logging into the respective Apple accounts has worked flawlessly afterwards.

One IT issue less - I hope that this is useful for anybody else.

:-)

Hunsitho

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 5:38 AM in response to Hunsitho

SOLVED!!

After many days of research on the internet I stumbled over the following post:

https://support.apple.com/el-gr/HT203160

"Remove the SC Info folder".

I do not know if it was the removal of the folder itself, or the fact that for doing so I had to grant administrator access to that folder

"ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes"

to my wife (despite having an administrator account) and my daughter. In any case, having followed the procedure and having deleted the SC Info folder, autorisation of the computer and logging into the respective Apple accounts has worked flawlessly afterwards.

One IT issue less - I hope that this is useful for anybody else.

:-)

Hunsitho

Login iTunes / iCloud fails on Windows 10 with different user accounts. Any ideas, Turingtest2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.