Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook camera not working on zoom.us

Hi,

I recently downloaded zoom.us for video conferencing and I have been having issues with the built in camera working with the program.

it works fine with facetime but just appears black below so i was wondering if anyone can support me in this?

Thanks

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:18 PM

Hi!

I solved same problem on my Mac with Catalina installing default zoom app and after first start, on zoom menu bar, checked for updates. It suggest install the compatible version with my Mac.

After that, camera start working fine.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

11 replies

Apr 9, 2020 5:25 AM in response to MacMusic2020

MacMusic2020 wrote:

Hi,

I recently downloaded zoom.us for video conferencing and I have been having issues with the built in camera working with the program.

it works fine with facetime but just appears black below so i was wondering if anyone can support me in this?
Thanks

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/8023a2ab-dce4-4828-b536-d4074f4d3dff

what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /TouchBar is this

and

what exact macOS you are currently running?

May 16, 2020 8:19 AM in response to MacMusic2020

I think the issue is that your computer does not support Mojave and although works well in most cases there is some compatibility issue with Zoom.

I have the same computer with a Mojave partition and a High Sierra partition. Zoom works perfectly in High Sierra but in Mojave the camera is functioning and other people can see me but there is no video, just like your problem. FaceTime works fine on both partitions.

It is possible that updated versions of Zoom will fix the issue but I doubt it. If you need Zoom, I would suggest that you either partition your HD and set up a HS partition, or downgrade to HS instead of Mojave.

Macbook camera not working on zoom.us

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.