Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera takes some time to show contents when connection to Zoom

Macbook 16 running Bootcamp:

Every time I open a meeting in Zoom and switch on my video, the facetime camera tries to switch on, the green light appears but no video shows up, the green light then after some seconds switches off and on again, and the video appears.

It usually takes like 10-15 seconds to show any image. It doesn't happen when running MacOs though

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 3:14 AM

Well, I finally fixed it!

1. Open Zoom
  2. Got to Video Settings
  3. Click on Advanced
  4. Change Video Capturing Method to Media Foundation
  5. Restart Zoom

And it would be fixed! Now your Camera will start immediately, in HD mode and with a complete field of view so you won't seem to be so close to your lens 😅

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 3:14 AM in response to F3RD3F

Well, I finally fixed it!

1. Open Zoom
  2. Got to Video Settings
  3. Click on Advanced
  4. Change Video Capturing Method to Media Foundation
  5. Restart Zoom

And it would be fixed! Now your Camera will start immediately, in HD mode and with a complete field of view so you won't seem to be so close to your lens 😅

Jan 27, 2021 2:49 AM in response to F3RD3F

Just in case this information is useful: I've just noticed the lens angle is also different between Zoom and Windows Camera. Zoom's one is quite narrower, or maybe it uses a different zoom level.

IMHO it feels like Zoom tries to open the camera using a specific driver, when it fails it uses the failover driver. That might be the reason the green light shows up and then disappears to show up again.

Camera takes some time to show contents when connection to Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.