Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crash update?

I just updated iMovie and now it's not working properly. As I drop down my video it starts playing slow motion. Anyone else having this issue?

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:33 PM

Try checking your iMovie preferences (iMovie/Preferences) and uncheck the box (if it is checked) to turn off automatic slow mo. If automatic slow mo box is checked it would slow down clips that are shot with a faster frame rate than the other clips in the project.

Also, check your iMovie speed settings to make sure that they are not inadvertently set to a slower speed.

If still no luck, try resetting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to you projects. Now see if the slo mo problem is resolved.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:33 PM in response to Pnav123

Try checking your iMovie preferences (iMovie/Preferences) and uncheck the box (if it is checked) to turn off automatic slow mo. If automatic slow mo box is checked it would slow down clips that are shot with a faster frame rate than the other clips in the project.

Also, check your iMovie speed settings to make sure that they are not inadvertently set to a slower speed.

If still no luck, try resetting preferences by opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to you projects. Now see if the slo mo problem is resolved.

— Rich

Crash update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.