Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iphone XR Won't Sync to iTunes

My new iPhone XR will not sync to iTunes. It stays stuck on step 4 of 4 for 24 hours +. I've tried corrective actions found online but still no success. I've also tried to sync wireless but no results. I've tried reaching Apple support with no luck. Totally frustrated. I need to backup by phone. Is it a different process to back the phone up to iCloud. My main concern is maintaining my contacts and photos.

Can someone help me by pointing me in the right direction?

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Your iPhone is attempting to back itself up using iCloud. You should help this along by plugging in your iPhone to the wall and leaving it on (strong) wi-fi.

Otherwise, you can abort the iCloud backup process at Settings > [your Apple ID] > iCloud > iCloud backup

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 26, 2020 1:44 PM in response to JaeLCole

Your post is extremely confusing.

JaeLCole wrote:

The phone indicates it is still restoring from iCloud.

”Restoring”? Where did that come from? Your first two posts above discussed backing up to iCloud, which is basically the opposite of restoring from iCloud.

You should provide a detailed, step-by-step account of exactly what steps you’ve taken, and what you saw after each step.

It’s hard to imagine what you might have done to provoke a restore from iCloud.

New iphone XR Won't Sync to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.