Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor v.4.4.2 not currently available at App Store

Hi. I'm looking for the Compressor update from version 4.4. to 4.4.2. My FCP version 10.4.6 doesn't work with Compressor 4.4

I switched recently from Sierra to High Sierra and could update FCP. App Store proposed me not the last version 10.4.8 compatible with Catalina but an older one (10.4.6). Nothing similar was working with Compressor update.

Even if the Compressor version 4.4.2 should be compatible with High Sierra, I wonder if my MBP (early 2011) allows this.

Any idea how to get this Compressor version?

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:29 AM

FCPX 10.4.6 and Compressor 4.4.4 were both launched on March 21st 2019, so Compressor 4.4.4 should work for you in High Sierra.

Temporarily drag your version of Compressor to the trash but do not empty the trash just yet.

Sign into the App Store and go to the Purchased page where you should see Compressor listed to download. A compatible version should be offered to you, but it may not specify the actual version at this time. Hopefully it will be 4.4.4

If successful you can empty the trash.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 1:29 AM in response to zinf

FCPX 10.4.6 and Compressor 4.4.4 were both launched on March 21st 2019, so Compressor 4.4.4 should work for you in High Sierra.

Temporarily drag your version of Compressor to the trash but do not empty the trash just yet.

Sign into the App Store and go to the Purchased page where you should see Compressor listed to download. A compatible version should be offered to you, but it may not specify the actual version at this time. Hopefully it will be 4.4.4

If successful you can empty the trash.

Compressor v.4.4.2 not currently available at App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.