Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Um, my iPad Pro (2018, 11 inch) battery is draining at an alarming rate!

Won’t even make it through half the day. This happened after I updated to iPad OS 13.4, and after I dropped my iPad on the floor? Could it be damage from the impact? Or from the update causing issues? I don’t know. Also the drop from 3 inches also killed the back camera.

TLDR; iPad battery drains quick after update and 3 inch drop from floor

I’m also a little peeved that something this expensive is so frail that a 3 inch drop kills the camera. Thanks Apple.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:25 PM

I suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Best of Luck to You!

6 replies

Apr 6, 2020 8:18 PM in response to Beargio

You can be peeved, or you can determine what exactly is using your battery faster. Go to Settings > Battery and wait a minute for the apps to populate. You can easily see what is using your battery the most and make the appropriate changes, such as force closing apps which may be continuing to run.

Also, when you do an iOS update, it is a good idea to Force Restart your device after the update. This clears out little issues which sometimes happen with an update. Do the following:

Force restart iPad

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Um, my iPad Pro (2018, 11 inch) battery is draining at an alarming rate!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.