Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 12.9 3rd gen - sudden battery drain

I’ve had my iPad Pro for almost 4 years and the battery was always awesome! However 4 days ago, I started to realize that the battery would drain really fast, even overnight with the lid (original Apple) closed. I did this:

• turn off all location services
  • turn off all app background refresh
  • close all apps before I sleep

But no change; next morning: battery completely depleted, and while using it, the battery drains faster than it used to. I updated to the latest iPad OS (15.2.1) but that didn’t help. I’ve not changed the charger, the cables are the same etc…

I’m running out of options - does anyone have the same and maybe knows what this could be?

Thank you :)

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 12:57 AM

Perhaps your battery is reaching the critical point of its life, but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely.

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics, battery included) using this link: Get Support , or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 12:57 AM in response to SteveDXB

Perhaps your battery is reaching the critical point of its life, but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely.

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics, battery included) using this link: Get Support , or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad 12.9 3rd gen - sudden battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.