Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad battery drains even when iPad is turned off

Recently my 2nd gen. iPad drains the whole battery for no reason. I charge it up, turn it off and donˋt use for a couple of days. After two days it wonˋt even turn on, because the battery has been drained completely.

I read that this was a common issue of an iOS upgrade. I currently use the latest update, so I thought that the problem was fixed. But now it‘s even worse than before.

I attached two screenshots of the battery settings screen, which doesnˋt make sense IMO.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 3:48 PM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for diagnosis.

Contact AppleCare

2 replies

Jul 6, 2020 6:32 AM in response to Danielle Kamp

There is no more warrenty. I took it to a local apple reseller today. They didn‘t even check what the problem was. They immediately wanted to send it in for the usual out-of-warrenty service repair price of $649. I declined.

Am I really the only one having this problem? So I guess it‘s not iPAdOS 13.5.1 related?

This happened today. Yesterday evening it was charged up to 100% then turned off. Today it‘s at 16%. When using the iPad, the battery drain does not seam to be out of the ordinary. Only whent turned off, it burns through the battery. Before turning off, I always close down all open apps, just to be sure.

iPad battery drains even when iPad is turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.