Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i movie editing

How do I have more than 2 videos on top of each other / images in I Movie without re-downloading it? (desktop Version). Thank you for your help in advance.

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 9:29 AM

Unfortunately you cannot stack or overlay more than two clips in the iMovie timeline. In other words, one clip in the main time line and another clip above. You can overlay two clips with Picture in Picture onto a third clip, side by side, but they will display sequentially and not be on the screen at the same time.

A workaround is to create a new project and stack the two clips in the order you want. Overlay the top clip with Picture in Picture to insert it into the lower clip. Then share it out and import it back into your original project. Then add/overlay the third clip.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 9:29 AM in response to nibbs

Unfortunately you cannot stack or overlay more than two clips in the iMovie timeline. In other words, one clip in the main time line and another clip above. You can overlay two clips with Picture in Picture onto a third clip, side by side, but they will display sequentially and not be on the screen at the same time.

A workaround is to create a new project and stack the two clips in the order you want. Overlay the top clip with Picture in Picture to insert it into the lower clip. Then share it out and import it back into your original project. Then add/overlay the third clip.

-- Rich

Apr 7, 2020 8:53 PM in response to Rich839

Hey Mate! Thanks for your reply. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmrDUq_r3Fc at 0:56 in this video you will find as the woman is going through her favourite treats, images are popping up and staying there. In I Movie you can put more that 2 videos or images on the screen. As you can see in this screen shot I Movie it did not allow me to put that third image on top of the first image. Any ideas?

i movie editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.