Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play multiple videos on Single Screen but One by One in FCPX

Hi There,

Looking around if someone has best practices for the following situation in FCPX...

- I have three videos 352*640 sizes. I want to place them adjacent to each other in a single screen of 1920*1080. They should appear together but play one after another.

Checked a few videos on the net and YouTube but all address the situation of playing multiple videos simultaneously.

Thanks in advance...

MacBook

Posted on May 14, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:48 AM

Assume the videos play left to right. You have to make a freeze frame of the middle and third videos. Stretch out the freeze frames for the length of the first clip. At the end of the first clip made a freeze frame on that clip and extend it the whole length of the video. The middle video now plays, the first video is in freeze frame, and the third video has its freeze frame extended while the middle video plays. At the end of the middle video a freeze frame is added to that clip, while the last video plays.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 9:48 AM in response to oshomysteryschool

Assume the videos play left to right. You have to make a freeze frame of the middle and third videos. Stretch out the freeze frames for the length of the first clip. At the end of the first clip made a freeze frame on that clip and extend it the whole length of the video. The middle video now plays, the first video is in freeze frame, and the third video has its freeze frame extended while the middle video plays. At the end of the middle video a freeze frame is added to that clip, while the last video plays.

May 14, 2020 9:42 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Exactly. That is what I want to do.

I am stacking the clips together one above the other. But am not getting an idea on how to play them one after the other.

Am attaching a screenshot of my fcpx screen and the link has a sample video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/17W4s4EKdgU0jdROtvuObywbAKknKouMi/view?usp=sharing.

Thanks again in advance.

P.S. : A sample video guide would be better.

Play multiple videos on Single Screen but One by One in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.