Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset restrictions passcode on Ipad

My oldest daughter has an old Ipad that she doesn't use anymore and we want to reset it to factory settings. Unfortunately we put a restrictions passcode on it and can't remember what it is. I wrote down the code but it doesn't work and I have no clue how to get around this. Help

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 4:21 AM

If you have forgotten your Screen Time (a.k.a. Restrictions) passcode, this help page will explain the available processes to either remove or (for iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later) reset the passcode:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

You should note that, if Restoring your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup, the Restrictions Passcode that you have forgotten will be restored along with your data. As such, if your devices can support iOS/iPadOS 13.4, it would be in your best interest to update to this version before attempting to resolve issues with the Restrictions Passcode.

If you device cannot support iPadOS 13.x, you will have no alternative other than to set-up again as new. In this situation, you should endeavour to copy as much of your information to Cloud Storage before attempting the Restore process - as all locally storage data will be lost.

I hope you find this information to be helpful in outlining your two potential recovery methods.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 4:21 AM in response to VerrellD

If you have forgotten your Screen Time (a.k.a. Restrictions) passcode, this help page will explain the available processes to either remove or (for iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later) reset the passcode:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

You should note that, if Restoring your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup, the Restrictions Passcode that you have forgotten will be restored along with your data. As such, if your devices can support iOS/iPadOS 13.4, it would be in your best interest to update to this version before attempting to resolve issues with the Restrictions Passcode.

If you device cannot support iPadOS 13.x, you will have no alternative other than to set-up again as new. In this situation, you should endeavour to copy as much of your information to Cloud Storage before attempting the Restore process - as all locally storage data will be lost.

I hope you find this information to be helpful in outlining your two potential recovery methods.

Reset restrictions passcode on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.