Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

#images in text messages

I accidentally deleted the #images app that is part of my iphone 6 text messaging system.

I looked for it in the App Store but can't find it. How can I reinstall #images ?

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 3:23 PM

Hey, seeingblind!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you've accidentally removed the #images app from the iMessage App Drawer and would like to know how to get it back. I'm happy to help!

You can use the steps in the "Manage iMessage apps" section of Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support to learn how to get the #images app back into your App Drawer:

"Manage iMessage apps

You can add apps to your Favorites so you have quick access to them in the app drawer. You can also reorder apps in the app drawer, remove the ones you don’t want, and more. Here’s how:

1. From the app drawer, swipe left and tap .
  2. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner to do the following:
    • To add an app to your Favorites, tap .
    • To remove an app from Favorites, tap , then tap Remove from Favorites.
    • To reorder apps in the app drawer, touch and hold , then move the apps in the order that you want.
    • To hide an app, turn it off.

3. Tap Done."

You'll want to make sure that the #images toggle switch is turned on. If you don't see the app in the list above, tap Edit in the upper right corner of the screen. This will display all your apps, including ones you have turned off. Just toggle the #images back on and it should reappear.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 3:23 PM in response to seeingblind

Hey, seeingblind!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you've accidentally removed the #images app from the iMessage App Drawer and would like to know how to get it back. I'm happy to help!

You can use the steps in the "Manage iMessage apps" section of Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support to learn how to get the #images app back into your App Drawer:

"Manage iMessage apps

You can add apps to your Favorites so you have quick access to them in the app drawer. You can also reorder apps in the app drawer, remove the ones you don’t want, and more. Here’s how:

1. From the app drawer, swipe left and tap .
  2. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner to do the following:
    • To add an app to your Favorites, tap .
    • To remove an app from Favorites, tap , then tap Remove from Favorites.
    • To reorder apps in the app drawer, touch and hold , then move the apps in the order that you want.
    • To hide an app, turn it off.

3. Tap Done."

You'll want to make sure that the #images toggle switch is turned on. If you don't see the app in the list above, tap Edit in the upper right corner of the screen. This will display all your apps, including ones you have turned off. Just toggle the #images back on and it should reappear.

Cheers!

#images in text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.