Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move the 'Automatically Add to Music' folder

When Catalina was released I did a clean install on my OS Boot Disc and let the music app create a new directory structure on my Data Disc (using the Option key to start the App and creating a new library). I then used the 'Automatically Add to Music' folder to import my artists/albums/songs into the new Music App. At the time I didn't think much about it, but it created the 'Automatically Add to Music' folder inside the 'Media' folder, in other words at the same level as the Artists. This means in my case:

/Music/Music/Media/Atlanta Symphony

/Music/Music/Media/Automatically Add to Music

/Music/Music/Media/BBM

I now find this location inconvenient and hard to find, it seems with iTunes it used to be one level up, but maybe it was something about the way I installed the App. Is it possible to Move this folder in a way that the Music App will still recognize it's function and import music from there?

Thanks for your help!

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 2:23 PM

No. Once you move it, it will lose its "auto-magic" powers. But to make it easy to access, create an alias (right-click, Make Alias) and put the alias on your desktop.

Similar questions

3 replies

Can I move the 'Automatically Add to Music' folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.