Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative to Apple Music App for syncing music from Mac computer to iPad

Can anyone suggest an alternative to the Apple Music app for syncing music from a Mac computer to iPad. I don't subscribe to the Apple Music service, and there are a lot of aspect of the music app that seem less than ideal to me. Most of it revolves around the software incorrectly identifying music versus audiobooks, and chapters within audiobooks, or lectures within educational videos. I get music when I want talking and vice versa, and a book that has 10 chapters might play 3,7,9,1,4 etc. or might play chapter 7 and then just stop. And the software makes it hard for you to manually correct these things. Am I the only one with this issue?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 4:08 PM

One issue might be that you’re trying to use the Music app for everything. When iTunes was replaced in Catalina, music and music videos should have been migrated to the Music app, iTunes U educational courses to the Podcast app, and audiobooks to the Books app.

See this article for an overview.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 4:08 PM in response to NaplesSteve

One issue might be that you’re trying to use the Music app for everything. When iTunes was replaced in Catalina, music and music videos should have been migrated to the Music app, iTunes U educational courses to the Podcast app, and audiobooks to the Books app.

See this article for an overview.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

Alternative to Apple Music App for syncing music from Mac computer to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.