Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - Move Calories vs. Total Calories

I understand the difference between active vs total calories, but I thought move calories would be total for a workout + what you’ve already burned throughout the day. My move calories are showing 895 on my watch, but I did a 2 hour outdoor walk that totaled 900 calories. Since I had already burned calories throughout the day before I walked, shouldn’t my move calories be over 900? I didn’t think it was counting just active calories.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 5:02 PM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2020 2:25 AM in response to Andrea_24

The 632 calorie number in the move goal is what you burnt whilst exercising,the 900 figure you are seeing is resting energy plus active energy.The calories that you burn during the day are part of the resting energy figure because you are burning these calories but not exercising so they are classed as resting energy.

Apple Watch - Move Calories vs. Total Calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.