Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth not working after upgrade to ios 13.4.1

IOS 13.4.1 did not fix bluetooth problem. The bluetooth button is grey-ed out and unavailable. Cannot toggle on/off. I have performed all steps including reset network setting, but still not resolved. Pls help

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 11:04 AM

The last attempt before contacting Apple Support would be to make a full backup of the iPhone, then restore it to factory, set it up as new without using a backup and see if you get access to Bluetooth. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support If you do, then restore the last backup and see if it remains available. If you restore and cannot get Bluetooth to work, then you need to contact Apple Support, Get Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 11:04 AM in response to nnh15

The last attempt before contacting Apple Support would be to make a full backup of the iPhone, then restore it to factory, set it up as new without using a backup and see if you get access to Bluetooth. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support If you do, then restore the last backup and see if it remains available. If you restore and cannot get Bluetooth to work, then you need to contact Apple Support, Get Support

Apr 8, 2020 8:22 AM in response to nnh15

The update was to fix a specific issue with Bluetooth, and it was not about turning it on from where you show. It was for accessing Bluetooth by pressing the Settings app icon from the home screen. Were you experiencing a problem with Bluetooth prior to updating the iPhone? Were you unable to turn on Bluetooth in the past? If so, this would be a different issue. What other troubleshooting have you tried?

Apr 25, 2020 6:26 AM in response to nnh15

I just want to cry I am so bloody aggravated, exasperated, and PO'd.

This bluetooth problem has vexed me to no end. I have a iPhone 7 since three years, no issues. Last Oct, I bought the iPhone 11 (regular) and had endless bluetooth issues. I did everything: Talked to Apple and installed a kernel level logging tool at their request, reset the phone many times, tried multiple bluetooth earpieces across two brands, kept updating iOS as new releases dropped every few days -- NOTHING fixed it. Then I returned the phone, went back to my 7.

Fast forward to this week (7 months later): Bought the new iPhone SE and it's deja vu! Can't keep a bluetooth connection! Update to iOS 13.4.1 -- same thing.

What the heck is going on here?!?!

If Apple can't make this work than I'll have to go back to Android -- which I do not want to do! But seriously, this is a deal killer for me.

Apple tech is useless. I get all the same recycled advice. Re-pair the device. Turn BT off/on. Reset network. Hard reset phone (which is a huge PITA, BTW). From all the forum posts I read (hundreds) that cliched advice works 1 out of 87 times.

I'm an IT guy, no less, and a former software developer. I know code is hard. But that's no excuse. Apple engineers need to buy up every BT device on the market (they can afford it!) and appoint a task force to fixing BT in iOS -- then publish a list of BT devices known to work (e.g. don't have their own code issues which, of course, will never be fixed).

Sorry for the rant. But what else can I do at this point?

bluetooth not working after upgrade to ios 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.