Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link song tracks together in iTunes?

iTunes used to allow song tracks to be linked together (think Journey's "Feeling That Way/Anytime" so that even during random play they would always play together as one track. I can find no way to do this with iTunes 12.8.2.3.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 6:32 PM

Hi Ted,

Having seen that question over and over for 15+ years, I can assure you that iTunes never had a way to do that. :-)

What you might be remembering is that when a CD is being ripped, you can join two or more consecutive tracks, and they will be added to your library as a single audio file.

Other than that, your choices are to turn off shuffle, or to use a non-iTunes tool (audio editor) to join the tracks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 6:32 PM in response to Ted Jacobson1

Hi Ted,

Having seen that question over and over for 15+ years, I can assure you that iTunes never had a way to do that. :-)

What you might be remembering is that when a CD is being ripped, you can join two or more consecutive tracks, and they will be added to your library as a single audio file.

Other than that, your choices are to turn off shuffle, or to use a non-iTunes tool (audio editor) to join the tracks.

Link song tracks together in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.