Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send emails for MacPro

I had same issue with iPad telling me user name or p/w is incorrect, but as soon as I posted problem to community it cleared itself, probably coincidence, but I never changed anything in settings and it cleared. Now I can't send from MacPro. I can send via webmail for aol so not the end of the world but it's a nuisance and I prefer my Mac mail. Anyone else experiencing this? I at first attributed these problems to pandemic going on and everyone working from home and high demand on internet, but not sure!

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:19 PM

I seem to recall a recent Discussion regarding a similar problem with AOL mail. It may be a temporary anomaly.

Sometimes, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

If the email messages are stored locally on your Mac, ensure you have a reliable backup prior to making any changes to its file system.

For general Mail troubleshooting Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 1:19 PM in response to Jan265

I seem to recall a recent Discussion regarding a similar problem with AOL mail. It may be a temporary anomaly.

Sometimes, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

If the email messages are stored locally on your Mac, ensure you have a reliable backup prior to making any changes to its file system.

For general Mail troubleshooting Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Can't send emails for MacPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.