Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to send emails

I am currently unable to send emails from my Mac. I have tried lots of ways that have been suggested by people with similar problems but none of them work. In account server settings it says my outgoing mail server account is offline? I presume this is the problem but cannot change it. Is the incoming host name supposed to be the same as the outgoing host name as that is the only difference I can see? Please bare in mind I am not good on technical stuff on computers so simple terms would be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks

Paula

iMac

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 10:03 AM

I will make some assumptions. First is that you are using the Mail app. The second is that you have done nothing or changed anything which may have caused the problem. If this is incorrect, please advise. You say that the "In account server settings it says my outgoing mail server account is offline". Is this information you are receiving from the email providers web site which you have accessed via a browser? If so, it is their problem to solve and you should contact them. If not, then it means that the Mail app is unable to respond to the servers request for your ID and password for some reason, and then the server's access times out. If this is happening you need to carefully check the ID and passwords you have in Mail's settings and correct them. Sometimes it is easier to delete the account in Mail and set up a new one.

Yes email providers have different host names for incoming and outgoing messages. And Mail must accurately match them in the Mail settings as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 10:03 AM in response to Castle Street

I will make some assumptions. First is that you are using the Mail app. The second is that you have done nothing or changed anything which may have caused the problem. If this is incorrect, please advise. You say that the "In account server settings it says my outgoing mail server account is offline". Is this information you are receiving from the email providers web site which you have accessed via a browser? If so, it is their problem to solve and you should contact them. If not, then it means that the Mail app is unable to respond to the servers request for your ID and password for some reason, and then the server's access times out. If this is happening you need to carefully check the ID and passwords you have in Mail's settings and correct them. Sometimes it is easier to delete the account in Mail and set up a new one.

Yes email providers have different host names for incoming and outgoing messages. And Mail must accurately match them in the Mail settings as well.

unable to send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.