Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do with files that could not be transferred after upgrading Catalina to 10.15.4

I just completed the Catalina upgrade to 10.15.4. After completion an lengthy list of files that could not be transferred was posted and I do not have a clue what to do. Could use some advice. My inclination is to delete and move on. Just not sure.

Some of your files had been in a location that is now incompatible with macOS security settings. These files were moved to the Security folder for your review.

If there are any files you want to keep, you can move them to a new location, as long as it is different from their location before the upgrade or migration.

During the most recent file migration, some files were not transferred automatically. Review the following list of files to determine which ones you want to keep.

Some example:

Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WirelessRadioManager.debug.plist" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.rtcreporting.plist" could not be transferred from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mediaremote.plist" could not be transferred from "/private/var/root/.CFUserTextEncoding" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Saved Application State" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud.searchpartyd.plist" could not be

from "/private/var/root/Library/Application Scripts" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist" could not be

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist" could not be

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.CrashReporterSupportHelper.plist" could not be

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mediaremoted.plist" could not be transferred from "/private/var/root/Library/MediaRemote" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.awdd.persistent.plist" could not be transferred from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothd.plist" could not be transferred

from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreBrightness.plist" could not be transferred from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud.findmydeviced.notbackedup.plist" could

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:12 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 8, 2020 9:05 PM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E

I was not transferring them. What I posted above, a partial listing, showed up on my computer after the OS update. Everything seems to work fine. Supposedly they are in quarantine in the security folder. I will just delete all since they are not compatible with the upgrade. Thanks for your help.

Apr 9, 2020 10:07 AM in response to dcrb

I don't think they are anywhere. They were likely replaced with defaults, and the path in the message is where the new files reside.

That folder is the root user's home folder. It is not visible in the GUI.

Anything that was moved in the upgrade was put in /Users/Shared/Relocated Items

The only things that are usually of value are files you had stored at the root level of the startup drive (Macintosh HD). You would need to move those items into a home folder, or just in /Users/Shared

What do I do with files that could not be transferred after upgrading Catalina to 10.15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.